There has not been anything like CTX since the last time there was a Scout Jamboree in North Texas. There may have been one since, but I last saw one when I was a wee lad. I was impressed.
There will be tears shed by those that miss something this awesome. To get straight to the point: YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS CTX.
Please read this as it covers features and the pricing (which is paid for scouts in the pack) but there are some deadlines. We have made an appropriate but very significant commitment of budget to this event.
- Campsite with adjacent parking
- Bring your own food (Pack will cook Saturday Night Meal); Vendors at the Speedway will also have food for sale
- Day parking for those attending for day visit only
- Interactive Booths
- Merit Badge Exhibition
- VIDEO GAME TRUCKS
- Pioneering Expo
- Monster Trucks
- Rodeo Clowns
- Religious Services
- Order of the Arrow Ceremony
- Order of the Arrow Hot Air Balloons Events
- Arena Show
- Professional and Amateur Entertainment
- BIG HOSS (who knows what that is, but it sounds cool)
- Ax Throwing (WHAT? Get Out, No Way!!? - Yes - Ax Throwing...)
- Climbing Wall
- 5K Run
- Obstacle Course
- Monkey Bridge
- Catapults (Scouts are particpants - not payloads)
AND SO MUCH MORE
- Carboard City
- Native American Village
- Hide Tanning
On Registration, Scout costs paid for, costs for parents and siblings
Please submit your attendance information early! We have pre-ordered 25 Scouts, 25 parents, and 5 siblings based on our historical campout attendance.
All scouts with families notifying us (through this site or through their den leader) before 10/30 are COMPLETELY PAID FOR. Beyond that date, due to pricing plan for CTX we will incur higher costs and will need to pass through $4 charge per scout.
Also, for all families notifying us by 10/30, siblings/cousins (other non-scout youth) are $5!! Adults are $20.
After 10/30, based on the consumption of our pre-reserved capacity, we may need to pass through the additional $4 per scout. Prices for non-scout youth attending with the family go up to $10, and prices for adults go up to $24.
At the door prices (at the Speedway, without RSVP to the pack) are $24 per scout, $10 per siblling, and $24 per adult.
Note all pricing above is exactly the same whether camping out or attending CTX as a day visit only.