This post has been viewed 1455 times
Spring Campout Summary - Please send pics!
Email to a Friend
Posted on Mon, Apr 11, 2016
Spring Campout was held at Johnson Branch unit of Lake Ray Roberts, just 1.5 hours north of the metroplex.
We had 8 spots reserved along a hard packed dirt and rock trail, with more than enough room. In all, 32 people attended! HIghlights:
- Welcome New Tiger Richard Fusco and the Fusco family. Dad Russ joined Richard on a hike, and we presented him with a Tiger Cub necherchief and slide. Richard learned the requirememts for and received his Bobcat badge!
- Bobcat awarded to Jay Schmulen!
- Bear Claws belt loop and Whittling chip awarded to Trevor Novak for successful completion of BSA Knife Safety course
- Various other cubscout achievements awarded
- Bears and Webelos fisihing
- A new game called "Jaguar"
- Bears campfire skit
- Smores and beignets
- Funny (Pecos Bill and Frog) and Scary (the Great Butterfly Pandemic of Bosque County, 1993; and the Tale of the Lake Ray Roberts Crawfish) campfire stories
- Camp dinner - burgers and hot dogs!
- Bike riding!
- Pack hiking trip with Preston Hunt teaching appx 1 doz local plant/tree species
- Webelos walked 3+ miles!
- Mr. Downum and Mr. Fusco on construction of improvised survival shelters - the scouts made one from sticks, the other from a poncho
- All that and much more!
Parents, please post your photots to your den's photo gallery or send them to Patrick via email.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.